22 November 2008

Worst Enemies/Best Friends; Annie Bryant

Worst Enemies/Best Friends (Beacon Street Girls) (Beacon Street Girls) Worst Enemies/Best Friends by Annie Bryant


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I'm giving this five stars not because I really like it, but because it seems to be a perfect example of what tweenage girls need to be reading. I know, they prefer stuff like Gossip Girl, but really - this is closer to their real lives. It's not so goody-goody wholesome that they'll be put off and the girls' characters ring true-enough-to-life. The plot was pretty standard (new girl at school tries to make friends and, after misunderstandings and normal girl stuff, finally does; a group of seeming misfits becomes a clique, but in a good way). It really felt like Seventeen to The Clique's Cosmo.

No, I won't read the rest of the series (no real need) but I'm going to make sure that we have the books at work and that students know that.

View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment