29 January 2009

Strange Angels; Lili St. Crow

Strange Angels Strange Angels by Lili St. Crow

My review

rating: 5 of 5 stars

Strange Angels inhabits the same world as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Wicked Lovely (and a host of others). Dru (short for ?? - we never learn exactly) is special, seeing and hearing things in the Real World that the rest of us cannot see or hear. She and her father move a lot - so often that Dru doesn't always unpack when they get to a new home.

The only school class we see includes a very nasty teacher (and Dru's telling the teacher off is one of those "I wish I'd said that to my witch-teacher" moments) and a guy, Graves, a half-Asian Goth boy. Their partnership seems unlikely, but in one of those seemingly in-fiction-only twists they become friends, partners and (perhaps in the sequel) something more.

Suffice it to say that I can't wait to see what happens to Dru, Graves, Christophe and how they fare in the Schola.

View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment