14 February 2009

TMI; Sarah Quigley

TMI TMI by Sarah Quigley

My review

rating: 3 of 5 stars
This is definitely one of those Message Books: Do.Not.Make.This.Mistake. ... but it's done in such a way that I think the target audience can relate to and perhaps get, message-wise. It falls into that group of books that includes Good Girls, or Story of a Girl, with less drastic issues. It also falls into the Girl Starts Blog/Diary genre. Or the G-rated version of an ABC Afterschool Special.

I liked Becca, and while her habit of TMI was (at times) cringe-worthy, her story did ring true. I was less happy about her blog, which seemed to be less about TMI and more about TMI+a strong dose of fantasy. Still, the results of her blogging are predictable, as are her attempts to change and make amends.

It'll be interesting to see how real teens (ok, pre-teens/tweens and young teens) respond to this one.

View all my reviews.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Lazygal,

    I just wanted to let you know that I found your review of my book, and as far as I can tell, you are the first blogger to post a review. I thought your assessment of TMI was fair. Thanks so much for taking the time to read and review it!

    Cheers,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazygal,

    What would the genere of this book be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd file it under YA Realistic Fiction.

    ReplyDelete