06 March 2009

The Birthing House; Christopher Ransom

The Birthing House The Birthing House by Christopher Ransom

My review

rating: 1 of 5 stars

Pardon the pun, but this book was stillborn: the horror factor was lukewarm, the gratuitous swearing and sex (I'm sure some readers may think that they weren't gratuitous but they really do feel that way, like they were added for effect rather than organically coming from the book), and the prose were just not doing it for me. I got flashes of The Others (the Nicole Kidman movie, not the Tyrone book), Amityville Horror, Stephen King, Mickey Spillane and Horror Writing for Dummies. Not even halfway through and I gave up.

View all my reviews.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know. I appreciate reviews like this so that I know when to stay away from a book.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete