31 March 2009

Chasing Lincoln's Killers; James L. Swanson

Chasing Lincoln's Killer (Young Reader's Version) Chasing Lincoln's Killer by James L. Swanson

My review

rating: 4 of 5 stars

The first I knew of the Assassination Conspiracy was via Richard Halliburton's Complete Book of Marvels' chapter on Fort Jefferson... on Homicide, Crosetti is obsessed with it. It's not surprising that this year, with the 200th anniversary of Lincoln's birth, there are a number of new books about him and his death.

I loved how the assassination of Lincoln, the attempted assassination of Seward, the manhunt, and the various characters were really brought to life in a way that will appeal to almost anyone. Often, these types of books are rather dull to read if you're a younger reader but this will grab those hard-to-reach middle school boys (I know, I've tried it out on some).

Pity there aren't more books like this.

View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment