18 April 2009

Secrets of Truth and Beauty; Megan Frazer

Secrets of Truth and Beauty Secrets of Truth and Beauty by Megan Frazer

My review

rating: 3 of 5 stars

When Dora's autobiography project turns into a diatribe about fat v. thin, I thought this would be a good companion book to Big Fat Manifesto. Instead, it's about two sisters reconnecting after 17 years (which isn't quite right, because until she was nine, Dora didn't even know that Rachel existed), about finding yourself and being at peace with who you are, not what your parents (or society) wants you to be.

I wish there'd been more reflection in the book, and that the plot wasn't quite so trite. Still, the setting and characters were well-drawn and I think older MS students will enjoy it.

View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment