01 May 2009

City of Ashes; Cassandra Clare

City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments, Book 2) City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

My review

rating: 2 of 5 stars

Clare is trying to out-angst Buffy, but without including the humor of that series. Her twist on Vampire Simon (that he can go outside in the sun) is probably going to be explained in the next book (oh wait, it's got to do with Jace, right?) but it's nothing new - Yarbro's Count St. Germain can.

The plot is interesting enough to make for an entertaining read, but the lack of real originality makes this an 'if I happen across the next one' rather than an 'I'm actively seeking the next one'.

View all my reviews.

1 comment:

  1. City of Ashes (just finished)...did not like that much. I really think the author has missed something greatly by not evolving Clary...she gets on my nerves.
    Yeah...what is that about Simon?? I will read the next book just because I am curious.

    ReplyDelete