22 July 2009

Wake; Lisa McMann

Wake (Dream Catcher, #1) Wake by Lisa McMann
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Hmmm... I'm really unsure why (or how) this is part of a series, but apparently it is. I've got Book Two, and I guess I'll find out. However, the idea behind the book (our heroine, Janie, is tugged involuntarily into other people's dreams, which, to the outside world, looks like she's having a seizure) doesn't seem rich enough to support a series.

Janie's character is pretty well defined, but with one exception, the rest are left as sketches. Cabel (the exception) struck me as a stereotype, so the Big Surprise doesn't really work as a surprise; her mother and BFF Carrie are far lesser characters.

All-in-all, the book was ok. No great surprises, character-wise, dream-wise, plot-wise.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

  1. I have read the Book "Wake" and found it a good, yet quick, read. The characters, Janie and Caleb, connect because Janie can't trust anyone else with her secret. McMann really connects with her readers and i found this a terrific book and i cannot wait to read the next book, "Fade".

    ReplyDelete