26 February 2010

The Carbon Diaries 2017; Saci Lloyd

The Carbon Diaries 2017 The Carbon Diaries 2017 by Saci Lloyd
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

There's a student at MPOW who loves this series... I can see why (teens getting excited/radical about something, plus the whole greenhouse effect/carbon fuel thing) but it just didn't do it for me. This dystopian view of politics and the climate change future has all the elements of The Children of Men and other like-minded books, but told through a teen voice. That certainly felt real, but for some reason I just didn't buy into the rest of the plotline. Maybe I'm too old, maybe I've never felt that young and threatened, maybe I'm too comfortably middle class, maybe I've never been as in love as Laura is with Adi... whatever it was, the book was just "ok". YMMV, of course.

ARC provided by publisher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment