26 February 2010

Eye of the Red Tsar; Sam Eastland

Eye of the Red Tsar: A Novel of Suspense (Pekkala, #1) Eye of the Red Tsar: A Novel of Suspense by Sam Eastland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Historical mystery is not my usual mystery genre, but this book, set during Stalin's reign, was fairly enjoyable. The history part, about the last days of the Tsar, was pretty well known to me, and I have to admit that the flashbacks to Pekkala's past were annoying. Having said that, the writing was good and the characters believable enough (for a mystery). As for "thrilling", well, less of that than expected.

The final twist was less predictable than the whereabouts of the Tsar's treasure, and I would have expected someone of Pekkala's intellect to have figured that out long before he did.

ARC provided by publisher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment