07 February 2010

The Wide-Awake Princess; E.D. Baker

The Wide-Awake Princess The Wide-Awake Princess by E.D. Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a big fan of fractured fairy tales, and The Wide-Awake Princess is a fun one. Annabelle, the younger, very much unmagical younger sister of Gwendolyn, she of Sleeping Beauty fame. When the curse is activated, it's up to Annie (and the faithful guard, Liam) to break the curse.

Who knew that the Frog Prince's children were Hansel and Gretel, er, Clara and Tomas? Or that Rapunzel was not interested in being rescued by any of her princes? All that, and more, are found here!

Serious fun for those that love this type of genre.

ARC provided by the publisher.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy fractured fairy tales (or really, fairy tales of any kind). Yet another for my TBR list. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete