18 April 2010

Blood Feud; Alyxandra Harvey

Blood Feud (The Drake Chronicles, #2) Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I didn't love this one as much as I loved the first book in the series, Hearts at Stake only because the flashbacks to Isabeau's life in Revolutionary-era France bored me. Her relationship with Logan, the Hounds and Kala, and Logan's reaction to her and the Hounds and his family's new-found royal status were fun to explore (the humor from Book One is definitely carried over into Book Two, except during the aforementioned flashbacks). I also liked Isabeau's confusion when meeting Keiran and Lucy, and look forward to more "Lucy moments".

The question I have is that one big problem was resolved, so who (or what) will fill the next books as the Outside Force Driving Things Forward? The author's decision to focus on a new Drake (Logan, rather than Solange) was good, but if this turns into Six Brides for Six Vampire Brothers I'll be very disappointed.

ARC provided by publisher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment