14 April 2010

This Book Is Overdue!; Marilyn Johnson

This Book Is Overdue!: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All This Book Is Overdue!: How Librarians and Cybrarians Can Save Us All by Marilyn Johnson
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is definitely a very cute book, filled with warm stories about how libraries have changed and the work that librarians currently do. The problem is that I'm not sure who the audience for this is: librarians needing a rah-rah moment after months of bad news about library closings and staff reductions? the public to convince them that libraries/librarians are still very needed?

I loved the anecdotes and the descriptions of the libraries, but as a librarian, I knew most of this already. Others, particularly those for whom a library is that place they were shushed when in high school, may find it interesting to learn what's going on in those book-filled buildings.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment