02 May 2010

Thirteen Days to Midnight: Patrick Carman

Thirteen Days to Midnight Thirteen Days to Midnight by Patrick Carman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Carman's latest centers on the question "what if your superpower were to be indestructible"? It's an interesting question: would you spend your life (your very long, long life) saving others? would you become a daredevil? could you share your power with friends? could you even tell your friends about it?

Jacob has to deal with all of this, and the fact that his driving killed the only father he'd known (a foster father, actually, and one he'd only lived with for a year). His friend Milo and new girl Ophelia are along for the ride, each experiencing the knowledge a little differently. I think that readers will relate to at least one of their reactions, if not fall somewhere in between after a while.

As for me, if I could have a superpower, I'd want something really useful, like always finding a parking space or being able to get 24 hours of work done in 12. Who needs anything more?

ARC provided by publisher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment