21 March 2011

Demonglass; Rachel Hawkins

Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2)Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've said it before, and it bears repeating: a good series is one in which the latter books don't spend half their time explaining the "Previously on..." and create worlds in which you can easily feel comfortable. This is one of those series. I knew I'd missed not having read Book One, but got quickly engrossed - not lost - in Book Two.

Yes, this is paranormal and yes, it's romance, but the action/romance isn't nonstop and there are moments of real humor. It could also be seen as one of those school stories, as Hex Hall is where vampires, werewolves, faeries, witches (and warlocks) and a demon go to school. Most of the action takes place in England, setting up Book Three, in which the demons and the others will battle it out for... I'm not sure what exactly but I'm interested to find out.

So, why only three stars? Because there wasn't anything really new here - the portals, the school, the good v. bad, the romance, the missing-father, etc. were all familiar. That's not to say this is a bad book, but it was more of a comfort read than one that introduced something different.

ARC provided by publisher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment