03 April 2011

Where She Went; Gayle Forman

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)Where She Went by Gayle Forman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't think If I Stay needed a sequel, but this one is just so... right.

We pick up Adam's story three years after Mia made her "choice", and things are really different: he's a major rock star, having issues with the band and not loving the lifestyle as much as he might. Mia's not even close to being a part of his life (except, of course, she's the reason the band's such a success and there's a code of silence around even the mention of her name). Then, by accident (??) Adam sees she's playing a concert at Zankel Hall and attends... The rest is almost a literary version of "Before Sunrise", or perhaps more accurately "Before Sunset".

Even though I guessed where the book would end, it didn't matter. It was just wonderful and I can imagine my re-reading this book.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I am hooked!Gorgeous cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and Christina are hosting a Read Along for this book and I was wondering if you or anyone else would be interested? You can find out more about it here:

    http://comacalm.blogspot.com/p/read-along.html

    Sorry to bother you!

    ReplyDelete