29 July 2011

From Bad to Cursed; Katie Alender

From Bad to Cursed (Bad Girls Don't Die, #2)From Bad to Cursed by Katie Alender
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I can see where this series would be popular among girls looking for a paranormal (but not wolves or mermaids or vampires) series but for me, I read it thinking "I've read this before, haven't I?"

We join the story about a year after the first book's events, and Alexis is getting settled into her new home and her new school year. Then Kelsey, her formerly-possessed sister comes home, and Alexis' world takes a turn for the worse. There's a Stepford Wives club, The Sunshine Club, that doesn't rely on drugs or lobotomies but on worship of a 200-year-old(ish) spirit. Pledge allegiance to him, and you'll be taken care of all your life.

It's the hints of Alexis' and Kelsey's rebellion that keep this from being a one star book, but for me, it was just too derivative.

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment