05 August 2011

The Summer Garden; Paullina Simons

The Summer Garden (Tatiana and Alexander, #3)The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I'd really hoped that this would engage me, but it ended up a DNF. Why? The main characters, Tatiana and Alexander, didn't engage me. The author describes them as silent or withdrawn, and while there are flashes of inner life I never felt that there was anyone there to explore. The flashbacks to their lives during the war will, I guess, appeal to those who have read the first two books, but I didn't really care.

Copy provided by publisher.

1 comment:

  1. I may have felt the same way - had I not read The Bronze Horseman and Tatiana and Alexander. It's a trilogy and really meant to be read in order. I'd suggest reading the first two if you can; it's truly an amazing story in sequence. :)

    ReplyDelete