20 August 2011

Tempest; Julie Cross

TempestTempest by Julie Cross
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This twist on the time-travel genre posits that there is a genetic mutation that allows people to travel through time. Because this is the start to a trilogy, some of the information isn't explained quite as fully as it could have been. Also because this is the start of a trilogy, the writing and plot aren't as tight as I would have liked.

Jackson's experiences alone would have made for an interesting book, ditto his "experiments" with Alan. Throwing in a secret CIA department and the EOT people made things more complicated. It's interesting that while Jackson half-jumps, he can't affect the timeline, but then he starts full-jumping. I have a sneaking suspicion how he'll change things in future books, and I hope I'm wrong.

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment