15 June 2012

Spellcaster; Cara Lynn Shultz


Spellcaster (Spellbound, #2)Spellcaster by Cara Lynn Shultz
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I haven't read the first book, but wow did it feel as though I had.  Not because there was a lot of backstory explication, but because the plot of both this and the previous book seemed so familiar.  Now, of course, I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out which recently-read book about a teen witch cursed with a soul mate it was...

As far as the writing went, for an author based in NYC her geography was a bit weird.  Did Aunt Christine live in the UES, or closer to midtown?  Vince A was located (I think) where Marymount is, but the way they took the subway there didn't quite make sense (the walk from Lex to Fifth wasn't mentioned).  The characters were very much one-note, with Megan being soooo evil and demented, Kristin being such a bitch, Brendan being "Sex on a Stick" and Mr. Amazing Boyfriend, etc. and little variation on any theme.

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment