25 November 2012

When Organizing Isn't Enough; Julie Morgenstern

When Organizing Isn't Enough: SHED Your Stuff; Change Your LifeWhen Organizing Isn't Enough: SHED Your Stuff; Change Your Life by Julie Morgenstern
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've read some of the other reviews and they're right: there is a little too much time spent on the "real people example" here. None of them fit me and my situation, not even by mixing-and-matching.

Having said that, the practical stuff worked for me. The idea here isn't a didactic How You Organize Your Stuff, it's ideas on how to SEPARATE, HEAVE, EMBRACE and DRIVE your stuff. And not just your physical clutter stuff (like those old tax receipts, the thimble "collection" you picked up when traveling, etc.) but also your schedule and emotional stuff. By the end of the book (and process) you'll have thought about the things that are holding you back or, at the very least, keeping yourself from moving forward.

There was a lot of skimming, but the general ideas have stuck with me and I can see going through the process every few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment