08 May 2013

The Dog Stars; Peter Heller

The Dog StarsThe Dog Stars by Peter Heller
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Just couldn't get into this adult dystopia: while it didn't really matter what had caused the collapse of society (a flu), the first 100 pages failed to interest me in terms of the people who survived. Somewhere on the jacket is a comment about how Hig (Our Hero) hears another voice on his pilot radio, but that must be further in the book than I read. Much time is taken up with his flights to get Coke, but why we don't get anything more on the people he also gives the Sprite to was puzzling. His friend/fellow survivor was just what you'd expect from one of these books, but again, he wasn't fleshed out to become a real person. The only thing that really got me in the pages I read was Hig's relationship with Jasper (his dog), but, well, that wasn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment