29 June 2013

Survival Lessons; Alice Hoffman

Survival LessonsSurvival Lessons by Alice Hoffman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In the past year I've lost one uncle I cared about greatly, two I didn't care so much about, two high school friends, watched others struggle with life and health, and struggled with those things myself.  Usually those thin books of "helpful words" make me roll my eyes and cringe but this book?  I want to buy a copy for everyone I know.

We all know that we should carpe diem, but Hoffman's wonderful prose and suggestions (I so want to take her trip to Italy for her! or with her!) brings it home just that little bit more. Some of the ideas may even give you permission to do what you've wanted to but didn't know how, like "choosing your relatives".  If nothing else, you'll learn how to make the perfect boiled egg.

Copy provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment