11 August 2013

Sense & Sensibility; Joanna Trollope

Sense & SensibilitySense & Sensibility by Joanna Trollope
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not the AGA-saga I'm used to reading from Trollope. No, this is Austen, totes updated! Which means there's no need to recap the plot, because really, if you haven't read the original or seen one of the movies (I recommend the 1995 Ang Lee version)... I'm still trying to decide if I like the idea of Marianne desperately texting Wills, or Margaret checking Twitter. One thing that did occur to me was the last name of Sir John's family: Middleton. When Austen wrote the original that name wasn't quite as freighted as it is now, and given the way the characters are obsessed with position, at times I expected Pippa's name to be dropped!

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment