05 September 2013

Death in the Vines; M.L. Longworth

Death in the Vines: A Verlaque and Bonnet Provencal MysteryDeath in the Vines by M.L. Longworth
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Rather slight mystery with a little too much explication for my tastes.

Set in Aix and suburbs (perhaps banlieu is more accurate? this is France, after all...) there are a couple of mysteries, one concerning the theft of some very valuable wine from a vineyard's cave and the other concerning the murder of an older woman who is exhibiting signs of Alzheimer's. The tie-in? The woman dies in among the vines (didn't you read the title??).

I'm not sure how much Marine Bonnet contributed to the solving of this mystery, but Judge Verlaque definitely pushes things forward. My guess is that a partnership sounded better and I hope they'll become more even in investigation participation in the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment