29 March 2014

We Were Liars; E. Lockhart

We Were LiarsWe Were Liars by E. Lockhart
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The appeal of The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks eluded me, so I was a little nervous about this but... oh wow. A very different book, and one I didn't want to have end. Of course that means that no one else will like it but who cares?

There's little I can say without completely spoiling the book, so let's just say that even if you do figure out what's going on early (as I did) it won't matter. The family Sinclair reminded me so much of my mother's family (even though the former is very WASPy and ours was, well, not) which helped me buy into some of the premise, but again, even those with normal families will enjoy this. And while I didn't want it to end, a longer book would have less impact.

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment