02 January 2015

The Secret Place; Tana French

The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad, #5)The Secret Place by Tana French
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Thank you to which ever Year End list recommended this book - now I have a new author to read, just as my faves seem to be publishing at an ever slower rate. This isn't the first in the series, but my poking around shows that the previous books don't always follow the same person so it's ok for those who insist on starting series with Book One.

The mystery here is who killed Christopher Harper over a year ago. One detective from the Cold Case Squad gets new information and takes it to the original Murder Squad detective, so this isn't a real partnership or buddy team investigating and the Moran/Conway pairing really worked for me. The flashbacks to the previous year, counting down to the murder, didn't work quite as well but weren't as annoying as other books with flashbacks have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment