21 February 2015

Hush Hush; Laura Lippman

Hush Hush (Tess Monaghan, #12)Hush Hush by >Laura Lippman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've never read any of the Tess Monaghan mysteries, so coming to a series this late is always a little fraught; in this case, there is just enough backstory given so I caught up quickly, but not so much that I felt it detracted from the current mystery or shamed me for not having read the previous ones.

So, what about the mystery itself? There are several potential suspects, all with equally valid motivations and access. Lippman does a good job of misleading the reader so that the ending is - as it should be, IMVHO - a surprise. And even then, do we have it right? Maybe. I think.

And now I'm off to find other Lippmans...

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment