21 February 2015

The Ghost of Heaven; Marcus Sedgwick

The Ghosts of HeavenThe Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The four stories here seem to be only lightly related, so it's a little difficult to review the entire book. To me, two worked well, one really didn't work, and one was very similar to another YA book. The one that didn't work was the first story, told in verse (which I'm never really a fan of) about the invention of writing; the one that resembled another book was the final story, which had an Across the Universe vibe to it, and perhaps that got in the way of my enjoying the story. The English witch trial and the modern day insane asylum did work for me, even if the former was a familiar theme (yeah, I know, I've just contradicted myself, but I don't mind witch hunts and I didn't enjoy AtU so...).

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment