12 May 2015

The Little Paris Bookshop; Nina George

The Little Paris BookshopThe Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The idea that a bookseller would refuse to sell me a book because what I really wanted to read was another book? I'd like to see him/her try. On the other hand, it seems that M. Perdu does it so well that customers don't mind. And can we just talk about that name? Perdu? Could he be anything but lost? Despite all the times I've been to France, I've never drifted down the canals and now, thanks to this book, I really need to. Who wouldn't want to meet the same types of people, or eat these foods, or even explore the floating bookstalls in the towns he (and Max, and Kafka and Lindgren) visits? Extra bonus: the recipes and Emergency Literary Pharmacy. Now I need to find a bohemian de legumes recipe that doesn't have aubergine in it... ARC provided by publisher.

2 comments:

  1. I have this arc and can't wait to read it. I love books about bookshops--and books about Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little review! This book caught my eye on Netgalley. I'll have to keep an eye open for this one now.

    ReplyDelete