13 June 2015

The Redeemer; Jo Nesbo

The Redeemer (Harry Hole, #6)The Redeemer by Jo Nesbø
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As with several series, I'm reading this one out of order and I think this is the earliest Harry Hole I've read yet (despite it being the 6th in the series). I'm not sure that really matters, as his character doesn't quite seem to have evolved much between this and the following books.

As a mystery, it's not bad. For all we hear about Hole being a loose cannon, his detecting is rather ordinary slog work. What made this one more interesting for me was the idea of facial hyperelasticity and how that makes detection more difficult (and think of the implications in daily life!). The flashbacks didn't tie in as well as I might have wanted, but ultimately they do pay off... somewhat.

So, should I start with Book 1? Or keep on with the random approach?

No comments:

Post a Comment