17 July 2015

Six of Crows; Leigh Bardugo

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The world-building here is good, as is the heist story. So, why wasn't I wowed? Not quite sure: perhaps because there were so many POVs? or perhaps because it felt like it dragged out (or was padded)? or perhaps because some of the more interesting bits got truncated in favor of things like the backstory of each character? There were some surprises for me, and one character in particular somewhat disappointed me by not being quite what I'd been hoping ("disappointed" is the wrong word, but I was hoping for a twist that never happened!). Having said all that, there are several hands I want to put this book in Right Now. Guess we'll wait until Sept.

ARC provided by publisher.

1 comment:

  1. This is one that I had been looking forward to as well. Sorry you weren't wow'ed, but it still sounds like you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete