31 July 2015

Untwine; Edwidge Danticat

UntwineUntwine by Edwidge Danticat
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Edwidge Danticat writing YA fiction? And I got to see her do Reader's Theater of an excerpt? Squee!!

The story is a serious one: two identical twins, heading off to a youth symphony performance with their parents, end up as one "leftover" twin thanks to an accident. More than Giselle's body and brain are injured - she has to figure out who she is, if she's only half of who they (she and Isabelle) were. That process takes a good part of the book and not even finding out what caused the accident helps. I'd say more, but I want readers to discover Giselle's story for themselves.

ARC provided by publisher.

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog on the Saturday Review of Books, and I have to say I love your style of review. I've gone through and read a few posts, and they are so succinct and personal. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete