14 January 2017

Caraval; Stephanie Garber

Caraval (Caraval, #1)Caraval by Stephanie Garber
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My biggest problem with this is that I kept wondering what it would look like as a mini-series: the world of the Caraval would be so cool to actually see. There were minor annoyances (how the different Empires got started never being explained - which isn't important to the story itself, but I did wonder) and that this will be a series, but overall I really liked the story. Not sure I completely bought Scarlett as a heroine, or Tella's decisions, which seemed to be somewhat undermined at the end; equally not sure that the Night Circus comparisons are accurate. But the world created is incredibly vivid and I loved the allusion to Disney's "behind the scenes" reality and how different the Caravel world was from the usual settings.

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment