18 February 2017

Frogkisser; Garth Nix

Frogkisser!Frogkisser! by Garth Nix
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I never thought I'd read a Garth Nix book and think, he's channeling Terry Pratchett, but... he did. He is. And it's delightful. (Nix also has touches of Patricia Wrede and others, just adding to the yumminess).

This is sort of a fractured fairy tale, with elements we know thrown in in unusual ways. Snow White makes an appearance, there are many heralds named Gerald (it's a thing), far too many frogs to be kissed, flying carpets, dwarves, evil stepstepfathers and so. much. more. And I can't believe I'm saying this but, more please. I love this world - I actually forced myself to stay up and finish this book rather than waiting until the next day.

ARC provided by publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment